City of Wisconsin Rapids Street Department workers will conduct a Christmas tree pick-up for City residents, Monday-Friday, January 21-25.
To allow City workers to operate as efficiently as possible, we ask that residents please:
- Remove tree bags, stands, lights and all decorations.
- Do not have trees buried by snow.
- Place trees at the curb no later than Sunday, January 20.
Crews will make one pass through the City.
For more information, please contact the Street Department at 715-421-8218.
18 for ’18 – Highlights from a Year in the Life of Wisconsin Rapids
The City of Wisconsin Rapids experienced a wealth of continued change in 2018. New and existing business expansions, infrastructure and recreation investments, and changes in City departmental leadership all contributed to the overall sense of revitalization and growth.
Looking back over the year 2018, we are energized by seeing and feeling a sense of new and reinvestment at recent historic highs. Economic activity to and through our city as well as developments within the paper industry contribute to an overall positive outlook, civic renewal and economic prosperity. Building on the dynamic developments from 2018, we optimistically look forward to ongoing and upcoming progress in 2019 … and beyond.
Learn more about the achievements made in 2018, here.
- New Developments and Jobs- with others on the horizon for 2019!
- Sand Valley Golf Resort Expansion
- State of Wisconsin Opportunity Zone Designation
- Upgrade of Infrastructure – West Side Lift Station/Wastewater River Crossing
- South Wood County Airport-Alexander Field Groundbreaking
Biron/Rapids Recreational Trail Connection Completed
- Demitz Park and East Riverbank Improvements
- River Riders Bike Share App-based Relaunch
- Zoo Master Plan Complete- a plan for the future
- New Housing Projects- strengthening our housing stock
- YMCA Groundbreaking
- Mead Park Splash Pad – Successful First Season
- City Welcomes New Fire Chief
- July 4th Flyover – Salute to our heroes- First-Of-Its-Kind Celebration
- Aspirus Riverview Invests in Behavioral Health w/Opening of Clinic
- $2.5 Million Matching Gift for the Aquatic Center at Witter Field
- Department of Energy Gold Designation Recognition for Solar Energy
- Collaboration with the Leadership group to bring a renewed Welcome Sign presence!
Coffee with the Mayor at Cravings
One of the most enjoyable aspects of being Mayor of Wisconsin Rapids is the opportunity to meet face to face and talk with local citizens. I look forward to continuing the tradition this Wednesday, January 30, during my second 2019 “Coffee with the Mayor” session at From The Ground Up Coffeehouse on West Grand Ave. The event takes place from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
It is a privilege to converse with engaged citizens. I look forward to your sharing your thoughts and questions about the future of our city, and to provide me with valuable feedback. Hope to see you there!
Thank you for reading my blog.
Mayor Zach Vruwink